Water Heaters in Orange County
Quality Services for Tank & Tankless Water Heaters
Your home relies on your water heater, and you can rely on the pros at Severson Plumbing for all your water heater repair and replacement needs. We offer installation and service for standard tank and tankless water heaters in Orange County to provide the ideal solution for every customer.
Reach out to us today at (949) 313-2707 for water heater replacement or repair.
Water Heater Repair or Replacement
Whenever their water heater breaks down, most people’s first thought is usually wondering whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. It can be difficult to know when to replace water heaters, particularly if you aren’t experienced in working with them or have never had to deal with an issue before. Of course, you don’t want to spend more money on water heater replacement if it can be repaired. You also don’t want to waste money on expensive repairs only to have another issue arise later.
When deciding between repair or replacement, consider:
- Age – The age of the existing unit can influence the decision. Tank water heaters usually last about 10 years, and tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years. If your water heater is getting close to the end of its life, replacement may be the cost-effective solution.
- The specific problem – What is wrong with your water heater? Some issues are easy to fix, such as a heating element or valve that needs to be replaced. Other issues can’t be fixed like a leak in the tank.
- Frequency of repair – Is this the first repair or has the unit been repaired more than once in the past? A water heater that needs frequent repairs is probably ready for an upgrade.
- Cost of repair vs. replacement – When making this decision, it can be helpful to consider the cost of repair compared with the cost of a new water heater. If the cost of the repair is more than half the cost of a new unit, replacement is usually the best option.
The advice of a reliable, trusted professional can help you make the best decision for your home. A knowledgeable plumber can assess your water heater and discuss the options for repair and replacement to help you make an informed choice.
Choosing a New Water Heater
If water heater replacement is the best option for resolving your problem, you will need to choose a new water heater. The most common and inexpensive option is a standard tank water heater. Tank models are affordable and easier to install, which is popular with budget conscious homeowners. However, their lifespan is typically shorter and they are prone to some unavoidable issues. They are also typically less efficient than their tankless counterparts.
The advantages of a tankless water heater include:
- A constant supply of hot water
- Smaller size
- Uses less energy
- Lower utility costs
- A longer lifespan
Whether you want a tank or tankless model, you need the right size for your hot water demand. Your plumber can help you compare your options and ensure you select a new model that’s the right size for your home.
Call for Quality Water Heaters & Professional Service
At Severson Plumbing, we know that a lack of hot water is disruptive and you want the problem fixed as quickly as possible. We offer prompt service for repairs, expert service, honest advice, and free estimates for new water heaters in Orange County.
Give us a call today at (949) 313-2707 for help with your water heater.
Severson Plumbing responded immediately and had a plumber Dylan at our house within 2 hours.- Sunita R.
The services they provided for my plumbing emergency were excellent!- Bryan R.
This company will be our first call in the future if we have any other plumbing issues.- Austin R.
Great experience this week with a failed water heater that needed replacement. Quick, efficient, clean, and a fair price. Thank you!- Glen S.
They are honest, prompt and ethical - something most businesses lack nowadays! Will use them for all of our homes!- Nicole K.
AWESOME experience with Severson Plumbing!!! Totally happy with the complete transaction.- Karen C.
You won't be disappointed with their knowledge, professionalism, or integrity!- Amanda Z.
Severson is the most reliable and professional vendor I have ever used!- Josh K.